RPMT Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for RPMT
The criteria for eligibility, selection and pattern of the examination can be found here.The Rajasthan Pre Medical Test consists of physics, chemistry and biology derived from STD. 11 and 12. This is conducted under the junior college system also known as pre-medical, intermediate science or a corresponding exam that is affiliated to the State Education Board or the Indian University.
There are two exams within the RPMT and they spread over 2 hours each. Every paper is scored out of 300 marks and has 100 objective questions.Every question has four options and there is only one correct answer. Four marks will be added for every correct answer and one mark will be taken away for a wrong one. Any questions not answered will not be given any marks. A three marks bonus is given if there is an uncertain or incorrect question.
For physics, chemistry, botany and biology, 50 questions are asked respectively.
50 questions for Physics
50 question for Chemistry
50 questions for Botany
50 questions for Zoology
Criteria for Eligibility
The age of the applicant must be 17 years on or before 31st December.
The student cannot apply for MBBS or BDS courses unless passed the qualifying exam for the following:
The student must complete 12 years of studies, that is the plus two under the Senior Secondary examination and the Indian School Certificate Examination must contain the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and compulsory English.
The student must complete plus two from the Senior Secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination and the also two years of education must contain these subjects, Senior Secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination.
If the student has applied based on any entrance examinations, the student should have passes in these subjects, physics, chemistry, biology or biotechnology and also in English. The student should score at least 50% altogether in these subjects. Regarding SC/ST/BC and / SBC, the marks achieved in the subjects as well as entrance exams must be 40% in total. Moreover candidates with locomotors disability of lower limbs must score 45 % and above for general PH and 40% for SC-PH/STPH/OBC-PH/SBC-PH is necessary.
If a candidate is yet to await results in order to apply, a competitive entrance test can be taken only if he or she is permitted to do so. If candidates clear the entrance exam, they world have to wait till they have the eligibility criteria for MBBS and BDS courses.
Please note that wherever the content for courses is not shown for the premedical arrangement, the student must go through professional training ahead of taking admission to medical colleges. This programme is offered by medical and science colleges.
Supplementary Criteria for Eligibility
- The biological father or mother of the student has lived in the state of Rajasthan for the last 10 years
- The student has been educated in Rajasthan for a minimum of 5 years from a certified educational organization
- The applicant has studied for a period of 5 years, recently as a regular student in a certified educational organisation in Rajasthan
- The applicant must also hold an India nationality
- Applicants studying in other Indian states but are bonafide residents of Rajasthan are eligible for appearing for the RPMT.
- The applicant is a ward of a currently serving or ex-employee or a permanent employee of the Government. Also, parents who is part of Undertaking/Corporation/Improvement Trust/ Municipal Bodies/ Council/ Panchayat Samiti/ Co-operative bodies, duly constituted by the Government of Rajasthan by an act of Law. They should have worked for three years since the submission of the application form in the admission year.
- The applicant is a biological child of a currently serving permanent employee of the Indian Defence. The person should be posted in Rajasthan during the time of the last date to submit the application form.
- The applicant is the ward of a currently serving or retired employee of the Government of Rajasthan or an Officer of All Indian Services on State Cadres of Rajasthan and must have serves for three years or more with the Government.
- The applicant is a ward of a serving or retired permanent employee of any University and Secondary Board of Education in the state and has served for more than three years since the deadline of the submission of the form.
- The applicant is a ward of the parents serving in the para-military forces of the country. The employee must be in Rajasthan during the time of the deadline for the application for admission.
- The applicant is the biological ward of a parents serving or retired from the Indian Defense and the employee is originally from Rajasthan regardless his posting. A proof of residence and origin must be displayed from the employer to the employee. The employee should have been in Rajasthan at the time of beginning the service. The applicants who come under this category will be given admission according to the criteria of merit and priority of the RPMT.
- The applicant is award of a judge of the Rajasthan high court and must submit a document that claims that this benefit is not followed in any other state.
Procedure for Selection
The students who have become eligible are admitted by order of merit in categories of general and reserved seats. The eligible students who have passed the RPMT will be called a personal interview. For the interview, the students’ names will be on the RUHS Notice Board three days in advance. The students must give the interview and the students will notified through newspapers and the notice board regarding the suggestion of the interview and counselling. At this time the student must provide original documents and mark sheets.
The student currently appearing for the Senior Secondary Examination and wanting to apply for RPMT must produce mark sheets to the Convener, U.G. Admission Board at the time of interview.
The interview of the students will be conducted by the Undergraduate Admission Board that considers them based on merit and preference. They also place them in specific colleges. The RUHS notice board will display the provisional student lists that are selected by the Board of admissions. All the students who clear this will be tested by the Medical Board, for the Medical examination.
If the applicant decides to withdraw their admission, they must inform the authorities within the four weeks since the allotment of colleges. The re-allotment of the vacant seats will be conducted by the Undergraduate Admission Board by an interview within 14 days of submitting the vacancy seat. The student can only be re-allotted on the basis of joining and continuing the given courses and college, if not the admission will be cancelled. The deadline for the admission is September 30th. Even if there are seats unoccupied, admissions will not be given after this date. The fees for admission must be handed in at the time of the interview. A bank guarantee within one week can be given for private medical and dental colleges.
Scoring identical marks in the RPMT will allow students to admit in this order of preference
- The student has scored higher marks in science related subjects in 10+ 2 or a corresponding exam.
- The student who has scored identical marks in science related subjects in 10+ 2 or a corresponding exam but have gotten them in fewer attempts will be preferred.
- Wherever there is a tie or a draw, the student who has scored the higher mark will be preferred.