List of Universities in Rajasthan
Published on: Apr 5, 2010
The Rajasthan state government, in its endeavor to provide education to all parts of Rajasthan, has introduced many policies which will facilitate higher education for the weaker and poor sections of the society, as well as for those students who reside in rural areas. There are around 118 arts and science colleges, and 27 universities in Rajasthan. In this way, the Government of Rajasthan wants to to create employment opportunity through higher education in Rajasthan Colleges.
Mainly there are around 22 universities in Rajasthan at present, offering all kinds of Graduate, Post-Graduate degrees, professional and vocational courses. Most of the universities are members of the Association of Indian Universities. Some of them are the state universities, while others are the deemed universities.
State universities in the state are run and administered by the Government of Rajasthan. The University Grants Commission, however, allocates funds for the development of the universities. The names of these state universities are as below:
- banasthali vidhyapith, banasthali
- jai narain vyas university, jodhpur
- jayoti vidyapeeth women's university
- kota open university, kota
- maharana pratap university of agrilcuture & technology, udaipur
- maharshi dayanand saraswati university, ajmer
- mohanlal sukhadia university, udaipur
- national law university, jodhpur
- rajasthan agricultural university, bikaner
- rajasthan sanskrit university, jaipur
- maharaja ganga singh university (mgsu), bikaner
- university of kota, kota
- university of rajasthan, jaipur
- rajasthan technical university, kota
- vardhman mahaveer open university (1987)
- IIS University Jaipur
rajasthan university of health sciences (ruhs)
Deemed University is a status of autonomy granted to high performing institutes and departments of various universities in India. It is granted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India. There are 8 deemed universities in Rajasthan as listed below:
- birla institute of technology & science, pilani
- institute of advanced studies in education, sardarshahr
- jain vishva bharati institute, nagaur
- lnm institute of information technology, jaipur
- janardan rai nagar rajasthan vidyapeeth, udaipur
- malviya national institute of technology, jaipur
- mody institute of technology and science, sikar
- rajasthan ayurveda university, jodhpur
The Government of Rajasthan has put forward one more step for the betterment of educational infrastructure in the state. The Rajasthan Private University Act, 2005 has opened the gates for Self-Financed Universities to come here and set up their campuses. Till now the Government of Rajasthan has issued letters of intent to seven such universities. The ordinance regarding setting up of four universities has been approved by the Governor Shilendra Kumar and ordinance for remaining private universities is expected to be approved very soon.
The state is expected to attract investment of Rs 350 crore while generating 3,500 direct jobs from these four universities. Around 20 universities are in queue to get the letters of intent by the Government. Private universities have proposed to start job-oriented courses including advertising, architecture, event management, fashion design, nanotechnology and tourism.
The Self-Financed Universities that have been approved by the Governor are as following:
- Amity University (Jaipur)
- Jaipur National University (Jaipur)
- Sir Padampad Singhania University (Udaipur)
- Singhania University (Jhunjhunu)
- jagan nath university (jaipur)
sir ksou karnataka state open university valid in rajasthan govt. job .
- Comment #1