List of Universities in Rajasthan
In its endeavour to increase the employment and literacy rate of the state, Rajasthan State Government has introduced various policies that promote higher education. These policies have facilitated higher education for all the sections of the society be it the poor or those residing in the rural areas. The policies have enable educational institutes to provide quality education to different corners of the state.
Rajasthan mainly has 22 universities at present. These universities offer graduate, post graduate, professional and vocational courses in various streams. While most of the universities are members of the Association of Indian Universities, there are many deemed universities that are offering education relevant to the global market scenario.
State universities, run by the Rajasthan Government are the most preferred universities within the student community. These universities are funded by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Here's the list of the state universities:
- Banasthali Vidhyapith, Banasthali
- Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur
- Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women's University
- Kota Open University, Kota
- Maharana Pratap University of Agrilcuture & Technology, Udaipur
- Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer
- Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner
- Rajasthan Sanskrit University, Jaipur
- Maharaja Ganga Singh University (MGSU), Bikaner
- University of Kota, Kota
- University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
- Rajasthan Technical University, Kota
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (1987)
- IIS University Jaipur
- Rajasthan University of Health Sciences (RUHS)
A deemed university status is given to high performing institutes and departments of various universities in India by the UGC. There are 8 such universities in Rajasthan:
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
- Institute of Advanced Studies in Education, Sardarshahr
- Jain Vishva Bharati Institute, Nagaur
- LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur
- Janardan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth, Udaipur
- Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Mody Institute of Technology and Science, Sikar
- Rajasthan Ayurveda University, Jodhpur
The Government of Rajasthan has put forward one more step for the betterment of educational infrastructure in the state. The Rajasthan Private University Act, 2005 has opened the gates for Self-Financed Universities to come here and set up their campuses. Till now the Government of Rajasthan has issued letters of intent to seven such universities. The ordinance regarding setting up of four universities has been approved by the Governor Shilendra Kumar and ordinance for remaining private universities is expected to be approved very soon.
The state is expected to attract investment of Rs 350 crore while generating 3,500 direct jobs from these four universities. Around 20 universities are in queue to get the letters of intent by the Government. Private universities have proposed to start job-oriented courses including advertising, architecture, event management, fashion design, nanotechnology and tourism.
The Self-Financed Universities that have been approved by the Governor are:
- Amity University (Jaipur)
- Jaipur National University (Jaipur)
- Sir Padampad Singhania University (Udaipur)
- Singhania University (Jhunjhunu)
- Jagan Nath University (Jaipur)
sir ksou karnataka state open university valid in rajasthan govt. job .
- Comment #1