Banasthali Vidyapith University
Published on: Mar 31, 2010
Banasthali Vidyapith University is a leading State University in the realm of Women Education. it has been recognized and funded by University grants Commission (UGC). The University was conferred an 'A' rating by NAAC.
The University is a member of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The University is exclusively for women. The University campus spreads over an area of 850 acres having several buildings which houses various academic and administrative blocks.
Pandit Hiralal Shastri was Secretary in the Home and Foreign Department in 1927. He founded the Banasthali Vidyapith University in the remote village of Banasthali, which was originally known by the name of Banthli. He endeavored to organize a programme of rural reconstruction, and to train public workers through constructive service of the people.
The University was established by Smt. Ratan Shastri and Pandit Hiralal Shastri, in the memory of their talented daughter Shanta Bai, whom they wanted to serve as a social worker dedicated to the cause of womens upliftment.
The University was named Banasthali Vidyapith in 1943, during which year the undergraduate courses were first introduced. In the year 1993, the University was accorded the status of a Deemed Universiy by the UGC. Currently, the Banasthali Vidyapith University provides education to girls from the pre-primary stage up to the Doctoral level.
Education imparted at the University covers the five essential principles, namely Physical, Practical, Aesthetic, Moral and Intellectual. The University tries to combine in its academic programs, spiritual values and scientific achievements of the East and the West.
The post graduate programs at Banasthali Vidyapith University are designed to provide the women with a competitive edge in their professional life. Many courses have been remodeled and upgraded. The University aims to achieve the right mix of imparting time tested academic knowledge and professional learning.
The University has over 21 academic departments. Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses are offerd in various faculties. Each faculty has number of departments under it. The University offers a fixed number of seats to Foreign Nationals and NRI/NRI sponsored candidates.
The admission against these seats are based directly upon the merit and the applicants do not have to appear in the Aptitude Test.
Banasthali Vidyapith University Facilities
- Accommodation- 29 hostels
- Sports- quality infrastructure for games and sports programmes.
- Air Strip- a licensed air strip of 50,191,418 sq. meters, used for training the students in gliding and flying.
- Central Library- has more than 1.60 lakhs records of books (Bibliographic Information) and 13,500 back volumes of periodicals.
- FM Radio Station- Radio Banasthali broadcasts educational and entertainment programmes locally recorded by the students and staff of Banasthali
- Hospital- The University has its own hospital with qualified doctors, and it works round the clock throughout the year.
- Guest House- parents and guardians of the students are provided accommodation in the fully- furnished university guest house.
- Transport- Minibuses operate 15 minutes intervals.
- IT infrastructure- adequate computing facilities along with high bandwidth Internet access which is provided through a fibre optic Campus Network.
- Various Banks- UCO Bank, Co-operative Bank, UCO Bank ATM, SBI ATM, ICICI Bank ATM
- Fully equipped shopping complexes and vegetable mart
For further information related to Banasthali Vidyapith, click on the links provided below: