dcsimg
Call Now
1800 102 5277

Jai Narain Vyas University

Published on: Mar 31, 2010
Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur was established in 1962 under the name of University of Jodhpur. The four Government Colleges of Jodhpur – namely MBM Engineering College, Jaswant College, S.M.K. College and K.N. College for Women became part of the University.

There was one private college named as Shah G.L. Kabra Teacher's Training College at the time of establishment of the University. Now it is one of the affiliated colleges of the University.

Jai Narain Vyas University is a residential university but the Colleges situated within the municipal limits of Jodhpur are affiliated to the University. The University got UGC’s reorganization in the year 1962. 

This is the only university in western Rajasthan catering to the needs of students for higher education. The University has its own advantage of being situated in the Thar Desert. Most of the Research and Development activities of the University are based on heritage, society and challenges of the region.

Along with fulfilling the needs of residents of the region, it is also providing education to the wards of defense and paramilitary forces and other organizations as the region is situated along the border of Pakistan.

The University runs Ph.D, under graduate, Diploma, certificate courses in almost all faculties. There are around 40 Post-graduate programs, 30 under graduate programs, 10 post-graduate diploma programs and 5 diploma and certificate courses run by the University. Ph.D in Philosophy is also available.

Jai Narayan Vyas University’s campus is scattered in five parts as it has five academic campuses including New campus, Jaswant campus, S.M.K. campus, K.N. college for women campus and MBM Engineering College campus. These five campuses occupy total land area of 315.40 Hectres (764.75 Acres).

For further information on Jai Narayan Vyas University, click on the links provided below:
Subscribe to our newsletter