Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU)
The Mohanlal Sukhadia University in Udaipur, founded under the UGC Act is one of the most well-known Universities in Rajasthan. It is celebrated for its many departments and also its pledge to offer excellence in the field of academics. The University has been given B++ certification by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, NAAC.
There are 110 affiliated colleges and 4 constituent colleges that come under the University. Its jurisdiction spreads over these 6 districts: Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Rajasmand, Banswara, Dungarpur and Sirohi.
The university conducts graduate and post-graduate courses through different branches. The Ph.D. programmes are offered all year round. Admissions for other courses are displayed through specific notices and they are open from June to July annually.
The departments of Science and Computer Application declare that the University has good research facilities for its students. The University is also furnished with lathe, milling and drilling machines, electronic testing and measuring equipment etc. The Library of the University runs on an efficient system and it plays a vital role in educational events. There are 7 libraries across various departments and colleges.
Eligible students are provided accommodation through the hostel. There is accommodation available for foreign students as well.
The four constituent colleges of the University
- College of Commerce and Management Studies
- College of Law
- College of Science
- College of Social Sciences & Humanities
Courses offered by Mohanlal Sukhadia University
The University conducts PhD, M.Sc. and Bachelor's courses in subjects like botany, chemistry, accountancy and statistics among others. Also, certificate courses in journalism, population research and textile designing are offered.
- Env. Science
- Accountancy & Statistics
- Banking & Business Economics
- Business Administration
- L.L.B. Integrated(Five Years)
- Drawing & Painting
- Jain Vidhya & Prakrit
- Public Administration
- Rajasthani Political Science
- M. Sc.: Bio-Technology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology.
- M.Tech: Nanotechnology
- M.Com.: Accountancy & Statistics, Banking & Business Economics and Business Administration
- M.A: Social Sciences, Drawing, Economics, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Humanities, Philosophy, Political Science, Prakrit and Psychology.
- M.Phil.: Economic, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Sociology, Accounting and Statistics.
- P.G. Diploma in Labour Practices, Labour Welfare & Labour Management
- MBA Executive and Regular course
- B.Sc: Botany, Geology, Chemistry, Zoology, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science, Maths, Statistics and Physics.
- B.A (Honours): Sanskrit and Lib & Information Sc.
- B.A: Economics, Sanskrit Literature, Music, Sindhi, Geography, Rajasthani Literature, Philosophy, Mahila Adhyayan, Political Science, Urdu Literature, Drawing & Painting, Psychology, Prakrit Literature, History, Forest Resources & their uses, Public Administration, Home Science, Hindi Literature, Rural Development & Extension, Computer Application, Sociology, English Literature, Maths, Statistics and Population Research.
- B.Com: Accountancy & Statistics, Banking & Business Economics and Business Administration.
- Computer Hardware & Networking
- Fashion Merchandising & Readymade Garments
- Textile Designing
- Population Research
- Pali, Buddhism and Non-Violence
- Shraman Parampara and Contemporary Values
- English Language (1 Year Part time)