Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) started as a school in the year 1900, has flourished ever since. The university offers 35 courses across various degree levels.
The Government of India has declared BITS as a deemed to be university and has campuses in Hyderabad, Goa and at Knowledge Village-Dubai, UAE.
BITS has world class infrastructure to support education and other student activities. Some of the facilities available include conference rooms, software development center, Center for entrepreneurial leadership, Center for entrepreneurial leadership, Centre for Professional development, guest house, rain water harvesting, labs, library and more. Student facilities include sports arena, gym, hostels, banks, atm’s, dining halls, visitor guest house, health services etc.
As far as faculty is concerned, BITS Pilani features some of the world best professors, lecturers and guides.
Following is the list of courses offered at BITS Pilani:
First degree courses
- B.E (Honours): Mechanical, Manufacturing, Civil, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Chemical and Computer Science.
- B.Pharm. (Honours)
- M.Sc. (Honours): Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and Finance.
- M.Sc.(Tech.): Finance, Engineering Technology, General Studies and Information Systems.
Higher degree courses
- M.E: Biotechnology, Chemical (with specialization in Petroleum Engineering), Structural Engineering, Infrastructure Systems, Transportation Engineering, Communication Engineering, Computer Science, Embedded Systems, Microelectronics, Power Electronics and Drives, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Systems and Manufacturing Systems Engineering.
- M. Pharm.(with specialization in Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Pharmaceutics)
BITS Pilani also offers various off-campus distance learning programmes for working professionals to continue their studies. As part of the human resources development projects they even offer off-campus programmes at various company locations and centres.
Off-campus programmes are offered with the same degree courses as offered in the on-campus sessions and this is authorized by the Institute’s Senate.
The basic requirements to conduct these off-campus programmes are the agreement by the collaborative organization to extend both physical and other facilities and agreeing to initiate and facilitate their work requirements with the academic requirements of the institute. Some degree of collaboration is required for all off-campus courses yet some may require a larger number of classroom sessions than others.
The following are some of the courses offered under the Distance Learning programme:
- First Level Diploma in Nautical Sciences / B.S. Nautical Sciences
- B.S. Optometry
- M.S. Microelectronics
- B.S.: Engineering & Industrial Technology, Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering & Technology, Information Systems, Manufacturing Engineering, Marine Engineering, Nautical Technology, Power Engineering, Process Engineering
- M.S.: Software Engineering, Software Systems, Telecommunication & Software Engineering, Embedded Systems and Mechanical Systems Design
- B.S.: Ophthalmic Assistant and Physician Assistant
- M.Phil.: Hospital & Health Systems Management, Optometry and Physician Assistant
- M.S. Medical Laboratory Technology
- M.S. Consultancy Management, Manufacturing Management, Quality Management and Pharmaceutical Operations & Management
- M.Sc. (Tech.) Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- M.S. Consciousness Studies